For almost all parents it is easy to teach children their mother tongue. But when teaching a secondary language in domestic conditions, some mistakes can occure. Let’s uncover these mistakes together and present some tips how to avoid them.
Summary of mistakes and tips how to avoid them
1. Low self-confidence in own capabality teaching a language
Do not hesitate to teach your children English. You know them well and you have already taught them a language.
2. Be too demanding on children
Do not force your children to speak English.
3. Teaching a language separately from an ordinary life
Create natural situations your children can apply English in.
Let children take their time to accept there is someone talking a different language.
Do not underestimate your children. They handle the toys for older with ease.
6. Repetition frequency according to an adult
Revise new vocabulary and phrases often even if you consider it embarrassing.
7. Weak stress on the correct answer
Help children with the correct answer when they struggle. They need to hear the new language correctly from the beginnings.
8. Lack of praise and motivation
Praise your children for correct answers and interest in the new language.